Plain language makes it easier for the public to read, understand, and use government communications.Learn more
Law and requirements
Learn about the Plain Writing Act, policy memos, and executive orders that require agencies to use plain language.
Plain language guidelines
Official writing guidelines for understanding your audience, being clear and concise, and testing your content.
March 14, 2018
Join the the Plain Language Community of Practice for an hour-long conversation about what makes a good plain language infographic – one that anyone can understand.
- What do you need to consider?
- What questions do you have to answer as you plan to do one?
- How do you deal with data?
- How do you communicate with people who want you to create an infographic?
- Send us a sample before the meeting, or add the URL of your infographic when you register.
The Plain Language Action and Information Network (PLAIN) is a community of federal employees dedicated to the idea that citizens deserve clear communications from government. We believe that using plain language saves federal agencies time and money and provides better service to the American public.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Learn about upcoming events and get the latest news from the federal plain language community.Subscribe